Standard: ASTM /NFC or other
Packaging: Iron Or Wooden Drum
Quadruplex Service Drop Cable-Aluminum Construction:
1. Conductor: Conductors are concentrically stranded, compressed 1350-H19 aluminum. Insulated with either polyethylene or
cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE). Neutral messengers are concentrically stranded 6201, AAC, or ACSR. Conductors are
manufactured with ridges for phase identification (one conductor one ridge, one conductor two ridges, one conductor plain.)
Quadruplex Service Drop Cable-Aluminum Application:
Used to supply 3-phase power, usually from a pole-mounted transformer, to the user’s
service head where connection to the service entrance cable is made. To be used at
voltages of 600 volts phase-to-phase or less and at conductor temperatures not to
exceed 75°C for polyethylene insulated conductors or 90°C for cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) insulated conductors.
Quadruplex Service Drop Cable-Aluminum Specification:
Quadruplex service drop cable meets or exceeds the following ASTM specifications:
• B-230 Aluminum Wire, 1350-H19 for Electrical Purposes.
• B-231 Aluminum Conductors, Concentric-Lay-Stranded.
• B-232 Aluminum Conductors, Concentric-Lay-Stranded, Coated Steel Reinforced (ACSR).
• B-399 Concentric-Lay-Stranded, 6201-T81 Aluminum Alloy Conductors.
• B-901 Compressed Round Stranded Aluminum Conductors Using Single Input Wire.
Quadruplex service drop cable meets or exceeds all applicable requirements of ICEA S-76-474 .
ASTM B-400 Compact round stranded aluminum 1350 conductors
ASTM B-786 19 wire combination unitary-stranded aluminum 1350 conductor
ASTM B-800 8000 series aluminum alloy annealed and intermediateTempers
ASTM B-801 8000 series aluminum alloy wire, compacted round,compressed and concentric-lay class A or Class B strandedconductor
ASTM B-836 Compacted round stranded aluminum conductor using single input wire constructions.
ASTM B-901 Compressed round stranded aluminum conductor using single input wire constructions.