Code Words-ASTM Standard:
Akron,Alton, Ames, Azusa, Anaheim, Alliance, Butte, Canton, Cairo, Darien, Elgin, Flint, Greeley.
Code Words-BS Standard:
Box, Acacia, Almond, Cedar, Deodar, Fir, Hazel, Pine, Holly, Willow, Oak, Mulberry, Ash, Elm, Poplar, Sycamore, Upas, Walnut, Yew, Totara, Rubus, Araucari
1. Corrosion Resistance: AAAC exhibits excellent corrosion resistance specially in sea coast areas and in polluted industrial areas due to absence of steel core.
2. Lower Power losses: Since AAAC is homogeneous (with all strands of Aluminium Alloy) with no steel component the resistance of AAAC is lower as compared to ACSR.
3. Higher Ampacity: AAAC can carry atleast 15-20% extra current as compared to ACSR of equal size
Longer Life: Experience in foreign countries shows that All Aluminium Alloy Conductors are in service for over 60 years, which is about double the life of ACSR Conductors.
aluminum alloy conductor Used as bare overhead conductor for power transmission lines with various voltage levels, primary and secondary distribution.the product is Designed utilizing a high-strength aluminum alloy to achieve a high strength-to-weight ratio; affords better sag characteristics.Aluminum alloy gives AAAC higher resistance to corrosion than ACSR.
1. ASTM B399 Standard, refer to the following specification
B 398 Aluminum Alloy 6201-T81 Wire for Electrical Purpose
B 399 Concentric-lay-stranded 6201-T81 Aluminum Alloy Conductor
2. BS 3242 Standard
3. BS EN50183 Standard
4. DIN 48201 Standard
5. IEC 61089 Standard
6. Other International Standard
|AAAC Conductor International Standarad parameters:|
|ASTM B399||Akron Alton Ames Azusa Anaheim Amherst Alliance Butte Canton Cairo Darien Elgin Flint Greely AWG or MCM: 6 4 2 1/0 2/0 3/0 4/0 250 300 350 400 450 500 550 600|
|BS 3242||Box Acacia Almond Cedar Fir Hazel Pine Willow Oak Mulberry Ash Elm Poplar Sycamore Upas Walnut Yew Totara Rubus Araucaria|
|BS EN50183||Box Acacia Almond Cedar Deodar Fir Hazel Pine Holly Willow Oak Mulberry Ash Elm Poplar Sycamore Upas Yew Totara Rubus Sorbus Araucaria Redwood|
|DIN 48201||sq.mm: 16 25 35 50 70 95 120 150 185 240 300 400 500 625 800 1000|
|IEC 61089||sq.mm: 10 16 25 40 63 100 125 160 200 250 315 400 450 500 560 630 710 800 900 1000 1120 1250|